Thread: Parrots anyone?
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2006, 10:36 AM   #13
chloeandj
Tinkerbell, My Little Flutterpup
Donating Member

My aunt had a cockatoo that I was in love with. It was just the sweetest thing ever and sooo pretty. It wanted to kiss and nuzzle everybody. BUT it wanted you to hold it and let it be on you 24/7. It was extremely needy and unfortunately it almost caused a divorce between my uncle and aunt. It had a right fit every night when it was time for bed, among other things. She had to rehome the bird to her mother in law. She is retired and lives alone, the bird and her are in heaven. They go everywhere, even in the car together. LOL

I also have two uncles that have african greys. I don't think either one can be handled but they do talk sooo much. They are very messy.

I had a boyfriend before my husband who's parents had the colorful huge ones (Macaws??). They were like their children. His mother would put on a long t shirt and let them sit on her shoulders all day, they would poop all down her back. LOL ICK They had one pass away while I knew them, it was awful. He was extremely old though, they weren't his first owner but had had him like 30 years or something.

Last edited by chloeandj; 12-23-2006 at 10:40 AM.
chloeandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!