Thread: Family Feuds.
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 02:28 PM   #13
Mr.MonsterMom
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiggityJig
I'm sorry, I'm giving "advice" again, when all you really want is sympathy! Sorry, it's the "mom" in me. Well, I do for sure feel for your frustration and disappointment.

Advice is always welcome! My mom was without advice OR sympathy, so I appreciate the mom in you!

Thank you all for the sympathy and advice! It really did make a difference! Because, I heard from pet owners who understood Adam's point of view but also was assured I wasn't crazy, I was able to say to him, "I know that our relationship comes before the dog, but I don't think this is about the dog. I just want a reason, just one reason why your sister's dog can go and ours can't. If I get a reason, I'll leave him behind, if not, me and Monster are just being discriminated against." THIS, he understood.

His mother called and said no, again. When he asked for a reason why one dog could come and the other couldn't, she had nothing to say other than "because." Since I wasn't really asking for too much, just an explanation - he told her, that we weren't going at all, and we're staying at OUR home.

Like I said, I felt guilty for keeping him from his family and he said "They've been my family all my life, but you're my family for the rest of my life."

Once again, thank you! It didn't end perfectly, but I'm happy (AND SO IN LOVE!) and despite it all, I think the dynamic of our relationship is all the better for it.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU AND YOUR PUPPIES!
Mr.MonsterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!