View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

The Esbilic is the right supplement. it comes in a can like a cream can. You can give it to puppies and mommas both. i never give it to my mommies but i do use a syringe and give it to my babies. Sometimes the mom's milk isn't there as soon as the baby is born and you need to give it to the puppies until mom has milk. even then, I fed my babies around the clock for about four days then mom has pretty much fed them. Right now, she is trying to wean them so I am supplementing again per my vets instructions. mine are only four weeks old. i don't know about the teats but i would say your vet ought to know. good luck. i hope your gal does great.

As far as how often to let the babies nurse, the answer to that is whenever they want to. You just leave all that up to mama. Seems like they nurse, then sleep, then nurse some more. If they are getting enough milk, you may not even have to feed them yourself . If you notice the puppies crying then chances are they are hungry. You might have to make mama lay down and put the pups on thee teats yourself till they get the hang of it. Just watch your mama and see if she is feeding them. Anyway, never ever take a nursing pup away from it'ss mama. When the are born her motherly instincts will take over. I am assuming this is your first litter?

Last edited by Sugar's Mom; 12-22-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!