View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 06:42 AM   #1
judyeve
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Rose Max is being neutered next Thursday

I retired 11/2/06 and was able to finally concentrate on training Max. He's 100% trained with the yellow, about 2% with the brown, but, hopefully, I'll live long enough to see that mission accomplished too. Well, I was proud! Next was going to be the rest of the training - sit, down, come, etc. He just turned 8 months old on the 16th.

All of a sudden, I noticed that there's no urine on the peepee pads. I got really nervous, decided that he had a blockage, envisioned emergency room visits, etc. But, when I felt him, there were times that he was wet. Now he and Teddy Bear have been lovers since Max is 3 months old, and his testicles have descended fully. About 2 weeks ago, I see my tiny little angel lift his sweet little leg in the bedroom and spray the dust ruffle on my bed. I didn't get mad because it was so cute. My little man! My mistake! A couple of days later, he decided to lift his precious, tiny little yorkie leg and spray my leg. Not so cute anymore.

Now, I have no issue with anyone who believes in neutering, it's just not my personal belief. I was a science teacher, was going for a doctorate in biology, and believe in leaving nature be whenever possible. I also live in an apartment in Brooklyn, so Max has no access to impregnate a female dog, otherwise I would have no question in my mind - neuter! I also believe in some of the health benefits of neutering, but like I said, it's just not my belief for myself. At any rate, after being the object of his spraying about 5 times now, I called the vet yesterday and made a neutering appointment for next Thursday. It's also not my belief to have him spraying me (or the rest of the house). I'm also yelling at him for something that comes naturally to dogs his age, which is wrong.

So, all things considered, he will be neutered - now I'm nervous about him
NOT stopping the spraying afterwards. I hope I caught it in time.

Wish us luck on Thursday.

Any advice? I have the coke bottles set up on his peepee pads - he hasn't got a clue why I put pad wrapped objects on his paper. He looks at them so perplexed. I took him over a few times and actually lifted his leg and explained to him that this is how good big boys make peepee. It's a good thing I live alone and nobody hears me!

Thanks,

Judy
judyeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!