View Single Post
Old 12-22-2006, 05:09 AM   #4
yorkieskater
No Longer a Member

The vet that I had my dog neutered at (not my regular vet) has had some very interesting experiences with rabies shots and has done a ton of research on the disease and vaccine. He reduces the shot by a lot and especially bases the amount he gives on size of dog.
there is an article that was published about the new vaccine protocols and it talks about why they are goign to 3 year schedule (even though it could be longer). Very interesting. Unfortunatly, according to this article, loss of income does play a role in deciding these things however I don't think every vet is like that but they are represented by a vet board of people who may be worried about that. I wish I could remember where the article is.
I went to a vet when I first got my puppy who wasn't even aware of the new protocol. He said "we dont' overvaccinate here" but according to the new protocols...he does. We don't go back there. He also wanted to give shots to my dog when he was too young, sick with kennel cough, and not good for the breed (according to my breeder). We don't go back there. I think there are some awesome vets out there and I think there are some that just think differently and we should go with the one we feel comfortable with.
suz
yorkieskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!