View Single Post
Old 12-21-2006, 05:58 AM   #1
joannec
Yorkie Talker

Default Teeth questions...

Piper came from the groomers on the 15th, and he had the worst smelling breath he has ever had. I thought she was using salmon treats to groom him. But, I checked in his mouth (as much as he would let me), and he has 2 rows of top teeth (!), two extra on the front bottom, and maybe some molars growing in on the side. The baby teeth don't feel remotely loose. Poor guy is a chewer, he likes dehydrated sweet potato treats, and he threw one down in frustration and cried over the weekend. I have been heating and softening his food, although he seems to be gumming and swallowing.

Questions: Is the gumming and swallowing ok?
Could the baby teeth still get pushed out?
How long does the teething process take?
Can they develop behavior problems due to teething?

Piper has had more accidents in this past week, then the entire time we have had him, and he has been confined back in the laundry room. I scheduled a neuter (the vet wanted to wait for him to get bigger, but he has topped out at 4 pounds, and he is 7 months old--he will get bigger, but I can't wait forever!) and a teeth extraction for Jan. 19. I wanted to make sure to get all the teeth at once. Too long to wait? Is it going to get too uncomfortable for him? He seems to be fine otherwise, just bad breath, innappropriate bathrooms, and a smaller room with less of his favorite treats! Let me know any and all of your experiences with teething please!
joannec is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!