View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 02:01 PM   #12
BLowry
My furkids
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskayorkie
OMG, I'm finally laughing now as I listen to Eddie barking out the window, but it wasn't so funny moments ago when a moose charged us on our walk!

I've heard that moose consider dogs to be wolves, a natural enemy, but I never thought Yorkies counted. I was wrong. I had just finished taking a couple pictures of Eddie running toward me in the falling snow when he turned around suddenly and stopped in his tracks. There was the moose about 100 feet away and running toward us. Both dogs were unleashed at that point, but I scooped them up before they had a chance to even bark. I ducked behind a couple painfully small trees (that's them in the first picture) and watched the moose come within about 30 feet before veering off. Believe me, I was shaking.

Unfortunately, I think it was traumatic for Eddie. He never once barked, and when I leashed him up, he tugged hard for home. Once there, he ran straight to the front door (something he never does). Once inside, the barking started. He's been at the front window for 30 minutes barking. The moose, btw, is nowhere in site.

You gotta love Jack and his poor eyesight! I don't even think he saw it.

Here's a horrible picture of the moose as we were running away, a shot of Jack before the attack, and some shots just now of Eddie barking at the window. I think we may have to remove our Christmas decorations!
WOW! This is your second post about moose!!! do you see them alot?? I am so glad everyone is alright! THANK GOD Eddie didn't or, couldn't bark!! Imagine....it could have been worse...Compared to you in Alaska..I guess I would live on the outskirts of the city...we had a moose get killed on one of our main highways a couple of weeks ago...was hit by a car and then an 18 wheeler...wasn't a pretty site! they said it was a baby...500 lbs!!! that's some baby!..

Glad you are all ok!! stay inside and just LOOK at them through the windows! LOL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!