View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #9
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

morgan has been trained to go outside. however for the past couple weeks since its been getting colder she's been having accidents in the house. when i take her outside she runs around, does her business, and then runs back to the door to be let in. however she figured out that if she just runs around pees for 2 seconds and then runs back to me i'd let her inside and then she could finish somewhere warmer where her footies wouldn't get wet and cold. Shorly after i figured out this was what she was doing. so now i make her stand out there and 'go potty' until she actually does both. if i put a jacket on her she'll run around a little longer before she goes potty but the past couple days she's been doing all her business outside and hasn't had anymore inside accidents. so no matter how cold it is outside, as long as your baby has a sweater on, stay out there until they go. don't give up. soon they will realize that if they hurry up and 'go potty' they won't have to stay outside any longer then necessary and then they get to go inside wear its warm and get a cookie

the most important this to remember is not to give in. I got morgan in july and it rained alot. i was dead set on potty training her outside so we stood out there for 30 minutes one time in the pouring rain until she peed. after that she peed and pooped alot faster. LOL
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!