View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #8
Gingergirlsmom
and Bernie's mom too!"
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93kathy10
My sweet Molly was just about trained so that she could go outside without me and do her thing, when it got cold here in Minnesota. But it'll be cold a long time here and other small dogs do it so -

we started over. I let her out - said 'go potty" and left her out for a minute or so. She just sat outside the door shivering and looking pathetic, of course. So I let her in and she had to go into her kennel. A little while later we tried it again. We did that over and over until she finally went.

THEN, and only then, she had the run of the house. (Then, we did the same all over again in the afternoon!) It only took a few days and now she goes right away - if she has to. In the morning when I get up she goes from my bed right into her kennel until she's ready to go out, then she'll let me know.

Hope this helps. Kathy
I like the way you think! Ginger came home in November so all of her potty training took place in the cold (we never did the pee pad thing). If it's too cold and she doesn't want to be outside, she just goes really quick! Of course, once we're all bundled up for our longer walks, she fine outside.

If you want your little one to go outside, just stick to it.

Ginger Bernie Fun Kitty
Gingergirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!