View Single Post
Old 12-18-2006, 06:19 PM   #5
Baby Blessing
Our Blessings R Many
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestersMom
I am the single mother of a 14 year old boy. He is absolutely awesome around other people, but he treats me like yesterday's garbage. It's really starting to get to me. Not only am I dealing with him, but it brings back memories of how I treated my parents. Guess I'm getting it back "ten fold" as they always said. Just had to vent, thanks for listening.

Dear ChestersMom,
First of all, let loose of those unpleasant memories of you with your folks, and think of the good pleasant ones. Have you sought counceling, it is important to do that. Fourteen is a difficult age, maybe the two of you could go for counceling at different times and then together. Prayers for all to work out, they will.
Please keep us updated on how things go. Life is just too short to harbor unpleasant memories, so hopefully you will let go of your own. Is your son into activities at school? Do you join in and participate in them? Try to work on your relationship and then build on it from there. Have you sat down with him and talked seriously about this problem? It might be a good thing to do. Wishing the best for you and your son. Patti
Baby Blessing is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!