View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 11:43 PM   #1
kewtee
Donating YT Addict

Tongue Real Yorkietalk? Do you do that?

The bathroom thread inspired me to this one:

My husband and I speak for the dogs a lot. Like "Mommy, can I have a treat? Look how cute I am, I really deserve a treat don't you think?" or "Are you leaving? I can come you know! I dono't have plan, so I can come along! I really want to. You should take me, it'll be fun dad, I'll be real good!"

We do it with a childish, high pitched voice - but the REALLY funny thing is, sometimes we actually answer the other like if we were talking to the dog:
"No, sweetie, I know you'd be good, but I'm going to work, I can't have you with me"
And it can turn into a regular conversation:
"But mommy, why can't you take me. Look how cute I am! You really should take me. I need to be with you, I need to, I need to, I need to!"
"Yes baby, but mommy is gonna earn money for cats (we call treats cats since there are no dogtreats small enough we buy cattreats and there is a picture of a cat on the bag, therefore the treats must be bits of cats) and food for you and my boss won't like it if you are there."

If anyone heard us having a conversation where one adult mand or woman was pretending to be a dog and a grownup answering the dog and debating different issues, they would take us away to the looney house...

We also play with long or difficult words, for example will Kali try to "paficy" us when we are acting crazy instead of pacify. Kali also went to the "spital" (hospital) where she got a "peration" (operation) to fix her teeth.

When we're driving in the car "Kali" will sometimes describe what we are passing to Mare - Mare is the little one and Kali is of course responsible for her getting to know the world and it's ways.

We have tons of fun with this - anyone else out there doing something similar?
kewtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!