View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
BlondieGirl87
No Longer A Member

I think it depends on the breeder. If you are just going with a random breeder that you don't know or haven't been reccomended to than I would say AKC registration is important. From what I know about CKC I can't say that whether a dog had CKC registration or no registration at all would make a difference to me. I've heard you can take a dog that has no registration and get it registered with CKC where as there's no possible way to do that with AKC. If you just want the animal for a pet, and you know the breeder, know their background, know the parents of the puppies, what kind of litters they've produced before and understand that they are an honest breeder and would tell you if there was another breed mixed in there then I'd say registration doesn't matter. Its more about standards in my opinion anyway. Jaden is an AKC registered dog, however, a friend of mine has a dog that "could be" AKC registered but he hasn't had it registered so "techinically" so long as you are getting a pure bred dog with no health problems I don't think registration is a "must have" unless you are showing.
BlondieGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!