View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
cheer1027
Yorkie Yakker

Camera Zeta met the new babies

We have 3 labs that we breed, one of which just had babies this week. She is staying in our "mommy" room in our house specially designed for our lovely girls while they are pregnant and new mommies. Zeta knew we had new little ones in the house. She kept going to the gate where the "mommy" room is and just wiggled her little self to death wanting to get in and see what was new in that room! We always take the babies out to let the dad smell them ONE BY ONE as labs tend to be a little territorial if overwhelmed with other dogs. So, off we go...Mommy, my fiancee, and me...through the house with Zeta hot on our heels...taking one puppy at a time out to see Daddy so he can smell them and know what they are. On the last one Zeta felt she just HAD to go. She stood at his feet just wiggling while he smelt the last one, wagging his tale with delight. So, we let Zeta smell it too so she would understand what we were doing. Our male just stood there, wagging his tale watching her, we just HAD to take a picture, it was SOOO cute. She didn't understand what I was holding and we could see it in her little face. We knew right then, she is still just a little baby. Maybe when the little ones get older and she gets to watch them grow through the gate she will realize what she was smelling.

So, here are the pictures...we could only get 3 of the 5 little ones in the picture...Mom was busy "bathing" the other two.
Attached Thumbnails
Zeta met the new babies-pict0012.jpg  

Last edited by cheer1027; 12-16-2006 at 02:41 PM.
cheer1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!