View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #1
Abbie's mommy
Yorkie Talker

Omg Please Tell me if I have done the right thing!

Last evening the babies were playing, Abbie and Stitch (my shih tzu) and I noticed that Abbie's paw was bleeding! I freaked, of course, and grabbed the styptic powder, and dabbled it on. I held her and cuddled her, and when it stopped bleeding, I examined it. She had broked her toenail COMPLETELY off! I put her down, as she is a wiggle worm and wanted to continue to play, and I went to get some antibiotic ointment and a bandage, and when she tore off through the hall, it started bleeding again. Bleeding pretty good too, I must say. (I found her toenail also, and it had been broken all the way into her little foot!)
I grabbed her up, put the antibiotic ointment on the bandage, along with more styptic powder, and wrapped her little foot up. Of course, she hates it, and she's been whining and shaking it, and pouting, and hobbling.....but should I take her on to the vet to have it checked out? Or has everything that could be done already been done? It's not bleeding, and hasn't been bleeding anymore, but I'm just worried.....like any other mommy....help? And thanks!
Abbie's mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!