View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 08:02 AM   #1
SouthernComfort
Yorkie Yakker

Default Any Advice is Appreciated....

Hey y'all!

Well, I must say, I wish we were rich so I could be a stay at home mom! lol. During the day, most of y'all know, Pheona stays in the kitchen behind baby gates with her kennel, toys, food and potty pads. She does great, and always potties on her pads while we are away. I come home at lunch feed her, play, etc . and she does fine with this routine. The problem is, when we are at home, she is a PEE PEE monster!!! lol.

When we get home, we take her out to play and make sure she has had her fill of attention. I take the babygates down, as she will bark her head off if she is behind them while we are home. I normally start cooking dinner around 6:30, and she will be right under my feet the whole time, or playing with my husband. Then, next thing I know, even though she is right by her potty pad, she will run from the kitchen and potty on the carpet!!!!??? I don't get it, she knows the potty pad is right there, but she ignores it and runs to the carpet! eeessh.

I feel bad about leaving her behind the babygates after dinner, because while we are sitting on the couch watching t.v or whatever, she will cry and cry to be near us and up on the couch. But she can't be trusted, because she will jump off the couch and then run into the dining room to pee! She knows she's doing bad, because when I jump off the couch to catch her in the act, she will run, and hide!!! Sigh. I just want to get her potty trained and I feel like it's my fault for not being home with her more doing these formative months Do you think we should just switch to pottying outside while we are home, and only using the pads while we are away at work? Leaving her in the kennel during the day for 4-5 hours at a time is just not an option for me...I know she couldn't hold it that long, and she drinks water like every 20 minutes!!! I feel like if we do switch to pottying outside, I'll be taking her out every 20 minutes! Not to mention, she is sooooo allergic to grass, bugs, etc. that she sneezes her head off the whole time while outside, and when she get's bit by bugs, the bites swell all up and leave scars!!! I'm afraid she's gonna have another really bad reaction too if the right kinda bug gets her one day I just dont' know what to do I've been seeing posts about yorkies that are her age, 4 months, and trained already!!! I feel like a bad mommy
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!