View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 06:45 PM   #1
Figment713
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Confused A THIRD Yorkie...I gotta be NUTS!!!!!!

OK, so here's what happened....

I have this friend...used to be a REALLY GOOD friend, but then he fell in love, and, well, you know how those things can go...

Anyway, last time my friend had a dog was when he was around 6 or 7. His father was a college professor, and they were going away for a year's sabbatical, so the dog had to be given to another family. That was his last pet.

So, he gets married, and eventually they move into their first house. AHA!!! No more landlords. He can finally have a dog!!! Not knowing a really lot about different breeds, and having known my Maggie from her earliest puppyhood, he goes searching (and finds) a wee female Yorkie...brings her home, and the wife goes BALLISTIC. My friend doesn't know whether this is because she totally hates dogs (always had cats), hated the idea of not having a say in what type of dog they'd have, or hated the poor yorkie baby because it was somehow a part of his past (i.e., he knew about yorkies from me).

Well, my friend could probably have returned the dog to the breeder from whom he purchased her, however, instead called me and asked if it wasn't about time that I did something about getting Maggie that sister I'd been talking about. (Actually, I did do something about that....Molly Kate joined our family just a little over a month ago.) Long story short he asked me if I wouldn't like to take his "baby" off his hands.

THREE YORKIES... !!! I don't even have Molly house trained yet. (On the other hand, I guess it won't be that much harder sitting in the yard trying to get two of them to pee and poop on command than it is with one....I know, I know...famous last words!!!)

Anyway, how could I refuse????

I probably should seriously think about having my head examined!!! (She'll be arriving in about a week and a half. My friend is going to have his parents deliver the puppy when they drive through this state enroute to a conference in NY. That should be lovely! They always did like me so well...NOT!

I think I'm going to (re) name her Mackenzie! Mackenzie Nicole!!!
Figment713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!