View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 10:47 AM   #14
Rae Rae
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieK9trainer
Rae Rae, I couldn't help to giggle when you mentioned that Rocky was determined enough that he ACTUALLY caught his poor little tail. lol, poor baby. I'm sure that was a suprise.

NO, doesn't sound like you need to do anything more w/ your little guy than tell him No-assuming he knows what that means-when he does it. You certainly don't want to let him do this. It may be funny now, but especially if you giggle or laugh when he does it, if he's the kind of dog that takes that as encouragement, he'll only be that more determined. I have a dog that if she thinks I'm amuzed by something she'd put her whole heart into doing whatever it is at the time that's making me laugh/giggle. Quite annoying really, because I'm often laughing at the stupid things I wish she didn't do (this was when she was a pup). I've since corrected myself and her and she's no longer like this...a little nutty.

So, yeah, I'd just correct him each time you see him do it personally.
We really don't laugh as much, we usually just stand there in awe because were so shocked at how fast he can run around in circles..and not fall over when he stops! I'll start to correct him when he does this, but I'm curious as to why this isn't good behavior..what does it encourage?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!