View Single Post
Old 12-14-2006, 10:29 PM   #10
Rae Rae
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkieK9trainer
Rae Rae-
Then that's another whole new can of worms! Do you have a dog doing this? If so, I'd ask a couple of questions. Either way,the end result is the same, however. If your dog is not chasing his/her tail due to a medical condition then it's often suggested that it's considered a neurotic behavior unless the behavior just began or they are not obsessive about it or it can be triggered by certain events or they're simply doing it on command.

What I mean by "the end result is the same" is that aside for medical, regardless of *why* he/she is doing it, it should be corrected.

It's the means of correction that varies on the severity and reasons for doing it in the first place.

He does it occassionally, maybe once/twice every few days. I don't think he's bitten at it, and I can't remember if he growls, but he definitly goes crazy chasing it. He makes me dizzy just watching him! He'll just do it randomly, but usually when he's playing with his toys he'll take a break from them, and go to his tail. Does this sound like something I should worry about? Should I stop him when he does this? I don't need to get him to a vet or anything ASAP do I?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!