View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 04:24 PM   #1
Carters Mom
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Carter & Cooper - clean bill of health

Cooper had another round of shots today -- normal 5-1 and 1st bordetella. He had minor coccidia 3 weeks ago when we got him and there are no signs of it any more.

He weighed in at a whopping 1.6# (1# 9.6 oz) at 13 weeks 2 days. He should be on track to weigh 3# when fully grown.

Carter weighed in at 3.4# at 11 months old. He has only gained .3# (4.8 oz) in the last 4 months.

When we first got Cooper, Dr. Dawn was out of state so she wasn't able to give him the once over for approval, another vet in the office did it for us. I feel so much better now that Cooper saw our favorite vet today.

After the vet visit, we went to Petsmart to pick up a few things. Cooper & Carter were a hit in the store. I don't think there wasn't a person who resisted coming over to talk to us. Of course, both of the boys had a bath and their hair all dolled up before the vet appt so they were looking really cute!

Oh . . . . . there was a lady in the vet office who had dropped off her wienie dog this morning for gallbladder surgery. The vet called her after the surgery to let her know that while they were doing the surgery, they noticed an obstruction in the intestines of the dog and removed it as well. It was an ACORN!!!! While talking to my vet (not the same vet that did the surgery), she commented that the other vet had warned the woman that the dog should not eat acorns because of just this type of thing happening. The woman did not heed the advice of the vet and learned the hard way! I don't have oak trees in my yard . . . thank goodness!

Lisa
Carters Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!