View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 02:33 PM   #4
yorkipower
BANNED!

As per usual, Yorkieagility gave the exact advice I give (someone in the office today asked about his dog who chews on her leash). Soak your hands in the stuff and dare her to bite you, a few tastes of that stuf, and she wont be nearly as fond of chewing on you. It's important to stop this behavior NOW. I know of a Bassett Hound who needed to be shipped off to a dog trainer for two months as an adult because his incessent biting (nipping like your dog - not anger biting), was insufferable. Other things you can try is a strong vinger/water solution or cayenne pepper (be careful not to get any of this stuff in your dogs eyes). I'd also start training a 'non-compatible" behavior. I've posted about this idea before. Quickly- you want to train your dog to respond to a command to do a behaivor that when performed, makes it impossible for your dog to do the behavior you don't want. For example, teach her to bark on command with the "speak" command. As soon as she try to bite you, make a game of it by asking her to "speak." IF she's moving her mouth to bark, she can't bite.
yorkipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!