View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 02:27 PM   #11
yorkipower
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily's mom
After you baby has been in the yard playing, do they look like they have the greasey's to you? Lily's head especially looks that way often. I don't know if she needs a daily bath or what. May be it is just the type of fur she has. Anyone else deal with this?
First, like I always say, be sure you know what you are dealing with. Some dogs get Eczema which can leave you with a dull, greesy coat. If your not sure, your groomer or vet can help you tell if there's something wrong with her skin. Once you've got that down - if its Exzema, you'll probably be prescribed a sulfa shampoo (also good for certain types of skin fungus). There is also animal iodine shampoos on the market but I'd be cautious with a very small Yorkie and be certain to dilute if I were to go that route (the stuff I use is actually made for rain rot on horses).

If it isn't either of the above, I highly recommend two products from Plush Puppy - the itchy skin shampoo and the deep cleansing shampo. Both dilute well and both really help to clean and condition the skin.
yorkipower is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!