View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #6
LinsZooCrew
Senior Yorkie Talker

We have 7 cats (Yeah, I know.... But I used to do rescue and no one wanted these babies... So choices were limited) Anyway Keifer turned 6 months yesterday and chasing the cats is one of his favorite past times. His favorite is our big guy Xander (Almost 9) they will play for hours. Sometimes Keifer gets too rough and Xander lets him have it. I let it happen, I hope eventually Keifer will learn to respect the cats. I just be sure to keep the cats claws short so no real damage is done. (I worry most about the eyes) Always have areas the cats can exit to~ Tabletops and counters clear, a gated area the cats can jump into etc. If Keifer gets too nuts he reponds to my Ceasar Milan noise. In fact so does my daughters boxer.... Ever try to simmer down one of those guys?
Just keep an eye on them, clip claws and develop something the pupper will respond to. A noise, a loud NO, a squirt gun, whatever works for you. But if they are to live in the same house they do have to learn to get along. Let the cats discipline him.... They'll work out something. Eventually!
LinsZooCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!