View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 01:45 AM   #13
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

My little guy really didn't lick his stitches. I think I caught him starting to do it once or twice and quickly interested him in something else - like a bite of chicken.

Murphy came home from the vet - ate a hugh meal - and then went to his bed (which he loves) and slept the rest of the day away. The next day, it was like he had never had anything done.

The only thing that bothered him at all was when I picked him up -- I had to be careful not to hold him near the area where he had had surgery. Other than this, the second day - he was outside running and playing and visiting the neighbors like nothing had ever happened.

****** If I were you - put the onsie on him ONLY if he is persistent licking or bothering his stitches. He may not do this at all - and, if he does it only occasionally like my dog did - perhaps you can just distract him rather than put clothes on him. If he does need to wear something - just take it off occasionally and take him outside or let him do whatever he usually does......

Good luck! You are a responsible pet owner to have gotten your little male neutered. He will live a much happier and healthier life because of this.

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!