Thread: No replies?!?
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
ChestersMom
YT 500 Club Member

Default No replies?!?

I posted the following in the Training section, but got no replies. I'm going to try it here in the General Discussion section. My sister really wants to bring this little guy out of his shell.

It seems there's plenty of information available on dealing with alpha dogs, but my sister has the opposite problem. She took both boys from my August litter. First, she took Spanky, the smallest of the boys (took some time to talk by BIL into number two). I had already decided that if she didn't take Porky (yes, he was the biggest), that I would keep him. He's so stinking pitiful and has been since birth. The runt could make him cry. Keep in mind that Spanky now weighs approximately 3 pounds and Porky tips the scales at almost 6, so he's not a small thing.

He's still extremely shy and cowers all the time. Since this pup came from my litter, I know how he's been treated since day one and believe me, he was born this way. Even at just a few weeks old, when I went to give him one on one time and picked him up, he would whimper and cling to me for dear life. He seemed scared to death and for no apparent reason. Any ideas on how to give him more confidence? When my sister calls him, he runs and hides.

Trust me, this pup has never been yelled at, never been physically hurt, and the other four pups out of the litter are all thriving. Like I said, she also has the smallest boy; I kept the runt, a female; her pastor has another female; and I keep tabs with the lady who purchased the other female. None of the other pups acts this way. We both just feel so bad for him and want to help him.

Thanks!
ChestersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!