View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 02:34 PM   #10
annaschaben
YT 500 Club Member

We just got a little girl that is 10 weeks and are working on going outside. We have a little fenced off area where no other dogs can get to so I don't worry about her catching anything.

Also since the night we brought her home we have been putting her in a little kennel at night (since the second night she has slept all night long, lucky us). But when she happens to whine or bark first thing in the morning we let her out asap. I kind of feel bad bc our other 2 sleep in our bed, but when we first got them they did the crate thing also. It seemed to work well.

I also agree that if you have them so they go on a pad it kind of sucks for other people when you go to visit them. My mom hates dogs in the house and is so freaked out by the thought of one peeing in her house. Even if it is on a pad. We had a litter of pups and took them with us to visit once and at 8 weeks we had them trained to use the pad, but that didn't matter to my mom. those dogs where peeing and crapping in her home, and I thought my mom would never let us come back to visit.

Best of luck no matter what route you take.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!