View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
LookinNswfl
Yorkie Yakker

Default Frequent diluted urine

Hello Friends,

I have a four month old Biewer who urinates frequently. His urine is very diluted. I'm asking for help here on Yorkietalk because very little information exists on Biewers.

He has been to the vet and had a blood panel and urinalysis. There was a slight amount of blood in his urine along with a few red and white blood cells.
His BUN is 33, which is slightly elevated and his ALT is 91 which is also slightly elevated. The creatine level is .6 and his specific gravity is 1.031 which are both in the normal range. A small amount of bacteria was also present in his urine.

He is being treated for an infection with antibiotics. He is to have another urinalysis in two weeks and another blood panel in four weeks.

Has anyone here had a simular problem with one of their babies? If so, would you please share your experiences. Also, if the antibiotics don't remedy the situation, what other possible problems should I be on the lookout for?

I would GREATLY APPRECIATE everyone's advice as I know we have a lot of wise folks here.

Kind regards,
DJ
LookinNswfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!