View Single Post
Old 12-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #25
judyeve
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I had no idea that dogs weren't allowed in malls, so I took him to Kings Plaza, a mall in Brooklyn and walked him around on his leash. I do pick him up when I go into a store, although when I'm looking at an an item, I can't hold him, so I put him down. At the mall, a security guard saw me walking him and asked me to please pick him up because dogs aren't allowed to walk around the mall. I was taking a drink of water, so I took my time. The guard asked me again and I said, "I will - I was just finishing my water." Everything worked out fine.

My little supermarket lets him in, so do most of my stores in my neighborhood if I carry him. One cashier got a little
snippy because I wasn't holding him. She got a really dirty look from me and from Max, but I decided she wasn't worth the time to answer her.

Restaurants aren't allowed to let him in, but there are dog friendly places in Brooklyn - bars that sell food mostly.
Yesterday I went to Quiznos, stood by the door and waited for the cashier. I told him my order and that I would wait outsdide. He brought me my order, I tipped him a dollar and off we went.

Out of NY, there ae many places that are really dog friendly, with water bowls outside for dogs and so on.

There was only one clothing store that wouldn't let him in - and they went out of business. Bad karma!

I guess we dog owners have to play it by ear, do trial and error, and take the attitude that it is okay to bring my dog in if I hold him. Never ask, just do it.

Judy
judyeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!