View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 04:02 PM   #12
Suzy
2 Pups=Double Trouble!
Donating Member

Portobello gardenburger (just the burger part) and leftover bow-tie cheese/herb pasta.

You guys need some inspiration! First off, I will say to check your oven to see if you have the "delay start" feature. If you do, you MUST use it-I put in potatoes to bake, halved squash, brown rice or even tuna casserole, and set it to start at 4. When I get home at 5, my dinner's ready!

Here are some other things I make when I don't know what to cook, and need something quick:

Stir-fried veggies and rice (it's only 20 min. for regular rice, or if you have minute rice that's faster) Add pre-cooked or frozen cubed chicken or shrimp if you like.

Pasta with Sauce from a jar, then I saute whatever veggies I have in the freezer, add sausage or hamburger to my husband's portion, and top w/cheese. It's like a 15 min. meal-serve with salad if you want to be fancy

"Melt" sandwiches-Grilled cheese-you can make it more interesting by adding sauteed zucchini, eggplant, and/or onion, top with tomato, basil and mayo, or for my husband I take whatever lunchmeat we have in the fridge (roast beef, turkey, ham) and whatever cheese is in there, add mayo and spicy mustard, and VOILA a melt sandwich. Works with canned tuna too.

Then of course there's the microwave baked potato, with all the fixin's-cheese, bacos, frozen broccoli, sour cream, peas, whatever you want!

All of these have so many variations-you should try them and dinner might be exciting-and quick too!
Suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!