Thread: serious problem
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2006, 08:15 PM   #14
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

I would consistently, quickly, and firmly take physical control of him everytime he even starts or thinks about the sort of behavior that you are describing.

And - no - I would not physically hurt him at all.

With the very first start of this behavior - I would quickly pick him up and turn him over on his back (probably beside me on the sofa) - and firmly hold him down (with my hand over his upper chest and neck area). I wouldn't hurt him at all -- but he would definitely be pinned there until he settles down and gives up. (I might sternly say "No NO!" --but I wouldn't do a lot of talking). I would just hold him there (against his will - this is the whole idea until he is quiet). When he settles down, I would tell him "good boy" (nothing more) and let him back down on the floor.

I would do this over and over and over again - I would be consistent - I would be fast - and I would be firm.

I am sure that he will soon learn that everytime he behaves a certain way - that he is going to be up and over on his back and be held until he's quiet.

He won't like this. But he'll learn that if acts one way - something that he doesn't like is going to happen --- every time (no exceptions).

This is what I'd do.....and every member of the family should do this. Again - I would do very little talking (this really only complicates things - especially if he is being handled by several people). But, I would be fast - consistent - and firm.

You're the boss - he can learn that.

Good Luck!

Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!