View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 07:09 AM   #15
feminvstr
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz
As far as AKC goes, I know they won't recognize the red ones, but does anyone know if I still get to register my black and tan ones (due to them being in the same litter). A breeder did offer to buy my red puppies and told me that AKC might want to take away Tea Leaf's AKC rights. I don't believe it, but it did put some fear in me. Any info would be appreciated.
Sincerely,
Julz
Amazing a breeder offered to buy your chocolate/red babies they're considered a mutation because it's coloring is a total loss of pigment. Any breeder wanting to buy them raises red flags, wanting to breed and advertise them as a "rare color"

They're beautiful little things, some breeders do register them (but they shouldnt be) reg your black and tan, from the same litter but as responsible breeder please sell the entire litter on spay/neuter contracts, not to any breeders, but to loving pet homes...This gene must not be passed on another generation.

Also AKC will only take away owner rights if you're in violation of AKC bi-laws. They will not take away Tea Leafs rights because of a bad breeding. She may be attempting to intimidate you into selling her your chocolate pups. When in question call AKC customer service they are very happy to answer all your questions.

Last edited by feminvstr; 05-31-2005 at 07:15 AM.
feminvstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!