Old 12-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #10
abbie's mom
Lovin' 2 Girls
Donating Member

Default Long - (sorry)

Hi Everyone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodak
Was she in a carrier, or you had her in the cart?
Well, no she wasn't in a carrier - we just carried her.
Quote:
The store managers say that their customers may be allergic to dogs.
Yes, this is true. However, one could ask: "What about those of us who are allergic to cologne, and have to shop with other people who bathe in it before leaving the house"? Sorry, but it's a real situation for chemically sensitive people - as much as those who might be allergic to cats or dogs. If I report someone who gives me a headache because of their cologne/perfume...you think store managers will oust him/her?
Quote:
Originally Posted by josie girl
Our Target has a big sign that says "NO DOGS"
I do know it's against the health code to take an animal where food is sold; but, like I said, we had no idea this one did have a grocery dept. We would have appreciated a clear "NO DOGS" sign, actually.

The whole thing didn't bother me nearly as much as it did hubby . Actually, the young lady who finally approached me was very cordial about asking me to take the pooch outside. I say, "finally", because Mike had carried Abbie all over the store...passing SEVERAL employees, who never said a peep about the dog. Sooooooo....we thought it was OK. Then, he went to get printer paper, and I stayed up near the front w/Abbie. When I was asked to leave, I told "Jennifer" that my hubby would be looking for me, and would she please let him know I'd be outside. She said "of course". Well, it was pretty cold here, today; but, I wasn't wearing a coat. Had one for Abbie, though! lol I walked around in front of Target for about 20 minutes (I'd guess), when I finally went back in to customer service to ask them to page him (cause my teeth were about to chatter). Come to find out, he had just paged me! He'd been looking for me, where we'd parted. He wanted to know what was up, and when I told him, he just got livid. I told him it was my fault for
a)not wearing a coat
b)not bringing my purse w/car keys
c)not asking them to page him in the first place
But, he wouldn't rest until he marched back in and told the manager he didn't appreciate his wife being evicted when she was not dressed for the weather, and "Jennifer" didn't even wait around to let him know I'd gone outside.

Oh, while I was outside (walking to keep warm), a young lady started to go inside, when she stopped and asked "Oh, did they say we can't take them in?" She had a lovely little maltese in her backpack. I told her "no", I'd just been inside; so she decided better of trying to sneak in her pooch. So, I'm guessing this must happen a lot, with more people wanting to shop with their dogs. A good reason for stores to state clearly their Dogs / NO Dogs policy, don't you think?

Anyway, this was my day - just wanted to share it with my "Yorkie" fam. One reason I wanted a toy-sized companion was to be able to take her places. <shrug>

Join today and remove this ad!