View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 04:22 AM   #14
Julz
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debr
My coat color knowledge is of german shepherds , since I'm new to the yorkie breed.

I know in german shepherds white is a flaw and not recognized by AKC. Whites do have a large group of folks who love them.In germany livers, blues or pups having lighter coloring including cream/white/silver is instantly put to death-and that pup is never acknowledged as being born. They consider anything not rich in color a flaw. There are no known health issues with the different colors-just peoples preferences or views on how a breed is supposed to look. Zoie, my older female, comes from a very good germany bloodline-world seigers, champs the works. She is black & cream. Her pedigree says blk/tans blk/reds and sables. I bred her 2 years ago to an american champ bloodline-her puppy I kept is a bi color black/white.I personally love the contrast of her black/cream and Angels black/white. Many people have stopped me because of her rarely seen coloring to comment on how beautiful she is. I had someone knock on my door to ask if she was male or female, they have a female and wanted to breed to her just for her color.They were a bit disappointed to find out she was a female.My personal feeling is-if the parents have a proven bloodline of health and super temperament-why fret over a coat color. You may not ever find out where in the bloodline your chocolates(reds) are as alot of folks who have something outside what AKC sets as the standard do not acknowledge them nor paper them.

Wow, Angel sounds GORGEOUS!!!! I would love to see a picture of her! I didn't know that white Shepards weren't recognized. I have one, his name is Thunder. I know AKC won't recognize my red puppies, but I don't know where that leaves my black/tan ones. A breeder told me I can register the red ones APR (which is also new to me). It is all just up in the air right now. Tomorrow comes the day I personally dread...dew claws and tail dockings!!! Oh, that just breaks my heart to do that to the babies! Other than the delivery worries, that day at the vet is the harderst part of having puppies.
Thanks so much for your response,
Julz
Julz is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!