Thread: Croopy Cough
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 04:09 AM   #5
YorkiesRule
Senior Yorkie Talker

Hello everyone - thanks for your posts. Here's the update on Lexi's vet visit. We actually saw the surgeon as opposed to our regular vet who was out of the office. The surgeon gave her a clean bill of health and said that the heart and lung sounds were all healthy. He said that yorkies are suspectible to collapsed trachea (which I had read on this forum numerous times). What he told me that I didn't know is that this is a condition that can happen even if you've never put a colar on your pet. I have ever only used harnesses on Lexi because she is such a tugger. She may as well stand upright on her hind legs and walk when we go out. He said that the coughing is probably happening when she gets over excited, something I had just begun to notice. He said for me to keep her from getting excited. I said OK but was thinking 'yeah right'. I even mentioned that she had almost choked to death on a bone a couple of weeks earlier because I though maybe she had a scratch or something in her throat from it but he never looked down there. I don't think they do that in dogs.

As for the sneezing, he said she may have allergies and to keep her in the house when the pollen count is high. I can tell you that this past weekend must have had some of the highest pollen counts yet. I was MISERABLE. Lexi however, enjoyed herself to tears strolling through the park and playing in the yard. So who knows? I'll just employ some of mama's good sense and use my best judgement for her. Always worked before.
YorkiesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!