View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 11:11 AM   #9
ButterflyYorkie
YT 500 Club Member

WIC (women, infants, children) is a wonderful program and I had it for my daughter until she was three!! You should also be able to start it asap because the dairy products are for you too, Mom!
Does anyone know if they still give peanut butter and cereal? I think if you breast feed you can also get broccoli.

When my daughter was a baby, blue cross-blue shield health ins was about $72 a month for her. It's increased now to almost a hundred at age 9. Still not bad and they have been easy to work with.

Someone posted above that the store diapers are just as good and I'll vouch for that also.. as long as they say "ultra" lol!

Always buy your baby and toddler clothes a little big and they will last you longer. Once they have on their pamper and an undershirt, if they are a little bigger it's usually ok anyway!

And if you really want to save money in the long run...don't do your nursery in something that can't be easily changed. For example...when they get a little bigger they may want a different theme to go with a favorite character, ect. We used the vinyl decals rather than wall paper or borders that would have to be eventually changed. Thank goodness we did because she went from winnie poo to Barbie, and now to a room full of Daisy stuff! Just use a good color on the walls that can blend with different little girl stuff for a few years.

And one more thing I can think of at the moment...put a vaporizer on your registry! I forgot that and found that I needed one off and on for several winters! And those "diaper genies" aren't really what they are cracked up to be. You are constantly having to buy replacement bags. We always just had a seperate plastic trash bag in a pail for diapers.
ButterflyYorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!