View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 10:28 PM   #17
lksdolls
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWa
My little Yorkie is not a tiny one -- he's about 12 pounds or so.... but really still a very little dog.

Anyway - I have continued to let him and my other dog out five or six times a day. I let him (the Yorkie stay out for only 5 or sp) because it is cold.

I am really letting him out to go pee...... but he's on his long leash so he can run and play with my other dog in the snow for a few minutes...which he loves.

I don't put any clothes on him because he's just pee on them and then really get cold and not enjoy his few minutes in the snow. What I wanted to tell you guys is that he doesn't want to come in. When I go out - he runs in the opposite direction and I have to literally drag him back in - and then finally pick him up and make him come back into the house.

If I ever say the word "outside," he about knocks me over getting to the door.

He has a nice thick coat for a little Yorkie and he certainly never seems to get cold - never shivers, etc. -- plus I think letting him out several times every day has helped him acclimate to the weather change.

But do remember - he is never out more than a few minutes - and, when it really gets cold here - I'll go out with him and bring him right back in.

Do any of your dogs love going out into the winter weather as much as mine?

Carol Jean

PS: I walked him to the mailbox today (about a block) and put his beautiful red coat on him. And - you've guessed it. He pee'd on it. And, he still didn't want to come in....... I need to look for some winter wear that has been made for little boys!
What many seem to forget is that our furbabies are dogs, not kids. They come with a fur coat for a reason, to help keep them warm in the winter and cool in the summer. My yorkies love the outdoors al la naturale. They love to romp in the snow. I don't let them out for more than 10 minutes when it's cold and only long enough to do their business when it's below zero. I've often considered making them boots because when it's a wet snow, it clumps on their legs and of course, they bring it in the house with them. However, rain is another story..........they hate to go out when it's raining.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!