View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 02:13 PM   #2
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Hi Patti, I have two computerized embroidery/sewing machines, both were top of the line models when I bought them 8 and 10 years ago.. I have a Husqvarna/Vilking #1+ (with computer software, embroidery unit and tons of extra feet) -- after many long years of service that machine recently died-- I didn't embroider with that machine, didn't like the computer software, but you couldn't beat it for fine heirloom sewing.

Because I didn't like the #1+ for embroidery, two years later I bought a Singer Quantam XL-1000 with the embroidery unit and computer software. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE my Singer. I have used and abused that machine fpr the past 8 years. It is now in the shop 'cause it was making "funny noises" and I didn't want to take a chance with it.

I don't know anything about the Kennmores..... I have had bad experience with EVERYTHING that I have bought from Sears in recent history, so I don't even go in Sears anymore.

Good luck! One suggestion -- if you can swing the $$ be sure to get a machine that is upgradeable. Many of the newer machines have memory chips that can be upgraded with the latest and greatest "goodies" as they come out. I am now "lusting" over a Singer Quantum XL6000, but it will have to wait until I build up my sales some .
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!