View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
Mr.MonsterMom
Yorkie Yakker

Default How is a Breeder Legally responsible?

I posted this question in the General topic board, but now that I'm thinking about it, it may have been wiser to ask it here.

I got Monster about a month ago. When I got him, I knew full well what I was doing. This woman advertised UKC registered bred Yorkies and was charging typical Yorkshire Breeder prices. When we arrived to pick out our puppy it became incredibly apparent that she had in fact just purchased a dozen or so Puppy-Mill Yorkie Types and was increasing the price. On top of it, these puppies were filthy! It was obvious that they had been left in a room by themselves with food, water and papers and were never socialized with humans, only with the litter mates (however, we can't even be sure they were related). Later, I discovered that Monster could not even be registered with the UKC. By the time I was leaving with him in my arms, I knew that accord and satisfaction had been met regarding my personal issue (yay first year law student!) and had over paid in order to rescue this dog (well worth it). BUT...

Do any of you know if she's broken any kind of law in regards to misrepresentation (for instance saying they were bred when they weren't, or by lying about the UKC registration)? Or if not socializing a puppy with humans is considered abuse?

Even if I can't take any legal recourse (which I don't believe I can), is there any breeder association that I can report her to? This woman just cannot keep doing this to people!

Thank you!
Mr.MonsterMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!