View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 06:43 PM   #14
Karen Lynn
YorkieTalk Newbie!

My gut feeling is that she was treated well at some point in her life. I really don’t think she had been out very long though. We live in such a heavily populated area and she was on the outskirts of a neighborhood. I do plan on putting signs out this week with an email address instead of a phone number and do not plan on returning calls from anywhere but a payphone. That may sound strange but I want to be able to ask questions of the previous owner to be sure she doesn’t go back to a bad situation. My gut tells me she may have fell into bad hands at some point in her life.

A good thing is she does not have heart worms. In Texas that can only mean one of two things…. She either lived strictly inside or the owners cared enough to have her on a preventative. However, her anemia had her so frail and skinny that her flesh dipped in between each rib. If you held her tummy-up you could see her entire ribcage protruding out. Like the vet said, this is not the kind of thing that took a couple of weeks to happen. She had to have been in bad shape for a long time. However, I know that it isn’t 100% unfathomable that she had been on the run for a long time. That is why I do plan on putting out signs and have already gone looking for ‘lost dog signs’ many times in the general area. If our little Macy got out and was in bad shape by the time someone found her, I would want the chance to explain the situation. Therefore, I will give them that chance if they contact me.

This little Yorkie girl is one of many dogs that we have rescued. With the one we found last, we chased and coaxed her for hours and hours in the winter cold until about 2 AM. We are happy that we have always found the owners of these doggies. All of whom missed, loved and cared for their pet well. This one however tugs at my gut. I just have a feeling that this baby was in bad hands.

Last edited by Karen Lynn; 05-30-2005 at 06:51 PM.
Karen Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!