View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 05:43 PM   #3
minniemn
YT Addict

Yorkies- I am not sure how to say this without sounding like a "brat"... but for the life of me, I can not figure out why you state an "unethical breeder" is one who doesn't participate in dog sports.... (I found this information on your website)

I know of a few people who "show" their dogs, who I would never buy a dog from just because I know how their dogs are kept.

I am expecting puppies, I bred my dog with one who has strengths where my girls faults are (I don't see any faults, but according to the akc they are "faults"... a more cottony coat)

I am selling all puppies on a limited registration, I did sign this agreement with the owner of the stud dog... she also requires the litters from her male be limited registration.

Anyways, I rambled on more than I planned. I am just frustrated with people who feel they are "superior breeders" because they are involved in dog sports, and they "knock" us people who are breeding to better their line, or whatever they are breeding for... from your website I believe you have not bred any yorkies, and are just starting out correct?

My advice to you would be to find a reputable mentor... If you are limited on your funds to pay for a show quality (which you won't know if the pup is show quality until 6 months of age) you may be setting limits on the quality of pup... show quality from champion lines are not that cheap... then add the costs of the vets, grooming, quality foods ect, ect.... you are looking at a pricey investment.

jmho.

Last edited by minniemn; 05-30-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!