View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 04:50 PM   #8
SnowWa
YT 2000 Club Member

My little Yorkie pup did the same exact thing to my six-year-old Bichon (which was almost fair - because when my Bichon was a pup, he did the same thing to another dog I had -- what goes around comes around - right!)

But, nevertheless, I really did feel sorry for my Bichon. He would come into my office where I work --- dragging this little Yorkie pup who was holding onto one of his ears. (He wanted me to get it off of him.) The puppy wouldn't leave him along for a second. And - my Bichon is such a sweet, (almost shy), gentle dog - that he never did anything to the pup. He just drug him around and was constantly moving, trying to get away from the pup (which was near impossible.)

SO - I let my Bichon outside without the pup several times a day to give him a break. --- and I often put the Bichon on my bed and closed the door to the bedroom, so he just lie around and nap and have some peace and quiet for a while.

Today - the Bichon is 6 and the Yorkie is 14 months. They are fast friends and have been almost forever. They play a lot together - nap around the house a lot - and the Yorkie doesn't pester the Bichon nearly as much.

I think being a puppy and going through the teething stage is the worst time. -- So, just protect your older dog and find times and places for him to rest and get away from the puppy as much as possible. Other than this, time will solve your problems -- at least most of them.

Good luck! Carol Jean
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!