View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 02:16 PM   #8
Luvmypupster
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackandjill
Hello from another Military Mother. My son is stationed in Baghdad, and when he returns home he will be retiring after 20 years. His wife also is battling getting good medical care for his 3 sons 9.7. and 6. He is really worried about moving here as there are no military facilities within hours of here for medical care. The pay is ridiculous and the retirement isn't much anymore. I think when they give their whole young lives to protect their county they should be rewarded, not made to live on less than what most people consider poverty level.
Just wanted to vent to someone who understands. Thanks for being there.
How long has your son been in Iraq? Just want you to know that I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Is he Army? My son is on his third enlistment..I'm sure at this point he's a lifer too. It's a battle finding any doctor away from a base to accept the military insurance. An example is that my 4 year old grandson broke his leg a few months ago and Children's Medical Hospital does not accept Tri-care. They would see him on an ER admission but any follow up care with the Pediatric orthopedic doctor was not covered. Had to search hard for a pediactric doc in another city. I personally think that our military serves us..and we in turn should serve them..in other words any medical provider or hospital should be forced to accept them as patients and serve them happily, with a smile on their face! PM me if you ever want to talk. Does your son need care packages? Have you done a tribute page for him..I can give you a link if you are intrested and i would love to write him a message of encouragement. Do you know about Soldier's Angels? Are you a member of Military Moms? I can link you up to any of the above if you are intrested. Sorry ..I'm passionate about the subject..
TLC (The Learning Channel) has a special on tonight...Project Homecoming. Watch it!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!