View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #1
Amber!
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Sad I think my puppy got an infection from Petsmart grooming - advice needed!

Let me give the background first. My dog is very difficult to groom. I know it and don't deny it . I have that fear that some groomers may not be so gentle with dogs, so I decided to take him to Petsmart since they have those windows (lol!). I took him once before, and he was there over 5 hours since they overbooked, but could only groom him halfway. I tried someone else this time who does another dog I know.

He was groomed last Friday, and he looks pretty cute. Yesterday (maybe the day before) I noticed his, ahem, private area looked a little red at the tip. I was looking at it more tonight and it looks more red, and extending a little bit down. A vein right in the middle is poking up a little more prominently than I've noticed before, and the redness extends from the tip maybe a half inch down. It didn't seem to bother him when I was manipulating it.

So here's my question. Obviously, they trimmed him down there. I didn't notice it before. Therefore, I'm thinking he was nicked, or something of the sort. I do want to have it checked out. But am I wrong to think that I shouldn't really have to pay for it, considering it seems like their fault? I'm thinking of contacting the manager tomorrow and asking for a appointment at Banfield, their store vet. I'd rather go to my own, but I have a feeling it would be harder getting them to pay for it that way.

So what do you think? We marked in pen the spot that the redness has extended to so far, so I'm going to check it again tomorrow. But he's my little baby - I don't want him with a big old infection!

Thanks for reading...
Amber! is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!