View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 01:39 PM   #6
jackandjill
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Love Military Mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmypupster
They are definately underpaid. I could go on and on about that. My son never complains, but as a mother and a grandmother and trying to help his wife deal with medical care (finding someone whom would except miltary insurance) for my three young grandkids while they moved back here..away from a military base was a nightmare and a joke. Not to mention that many of our enlisted whom have young children qualify for the WIC program..something isn't right with that picture.
Hello from another Military Mother. My son is stationed in Baghdad, and when he returns home he will be retiring after 20 years. His wife also is battling getting good medical care for his 3 sons 9.7. and 6. He is really worried about moving here as there are no military facilities within hours of here for medical care. The pay is ridiculous and the retirement isn't much anymore. I think when they give their whole young lives to protect their county they should be rewarded, not made to live on less than what most people consider poverty level.
Just wanted to vent to someone who understands. Thanks for being there.

Jack's Jill
jackandjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!