View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
JessicaB
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie_wowie
It's so funny that you mention this because Howie has done the same thing -- freaking out while/after pooping. He's only done it twice and I'm wondering if it's because he's constipated. He'll poo a little bit and I think he still has to get some out but he freaks out and squeels and he'll try to chase his butt. The first time it happened I felt really bad beacuse I thought it was my fault (he pooped somewhere else and I tried to move him to the pad). But, he did it again last night. I don't know what it is, but just letting you know Howie does the same thing. Hopefully we'll get more responses!
Poor thing... I can just see it too. Haha. I am really not sure if the process of going poo scares them, or they think there is something getting their butt, or what. I don't really think it's painful because Bailey will only freak out until I get the poo off her butt. Then she is ok again. But then again, she does freak out and nibble at her butt any time she is excited. I also wondered if her little nubbin gets going and maybe the hair on it is tickling her? Not to sound wierd or anything, but I suppose it would be possible. The only other thing I could think of in that situation is the anal glands, but like I said, they expressed those and it didn't help. I just have no clue.

I am really glad to hear she isn't the only one though!

http://www.jessicabynon.com
JessicaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!