View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #1
blondflava
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default A Little Xmas Story -Ch. 1 "Lights"

I truly hope my little book about Christmas will only have one chapter. But, as much as you try to make everything too right, it comes out wrong. If not wrong, at least funny. So here it goes:
Hubby and I decided we want a white tree this year. With silver and blue decorations and lights. We got the tree, and ribbons, and ornaments, and bows, and the tree skirt, and more ornaments- for the house . Yesterday we set up the tree and realized we need blue lights on the white wire. So there we go to KMart, grabbed 2 last(!) boxes of such and went back in Xmas spirits to start wrapping them around the tree... Well, over 2 hours later we realized we need one more set, so there we venture out again. After another few hours and visiting every department store in the area (parking ugh terrible) - there's no lights!! The thought of unwrapping the tree and trying to stretch those lights...Nah. Back to Kmart, we ended up getting a set of blue lights on green wire and red lights on white wire and decided to switch them around... Have you ever tried switching 140 lights?? My fingers went numb, some of the bulbs never lit up, we had to double check the dark ones but we got 1 wire to work. The other one, I quit trying . well, at least the tree looks pretty LOL. Wishing everybody painless holiday season
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!