View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 11:28 AM   #5
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Redvette. It's hard to prove, since Noel can't tell us. However, when we brought her home, she coward in a corner and dropped submissivly anytime you brought your hand over to pet her. She was especially, terrified of men. She would not go near my husband for six months and would hide and shake anytime anyone new came to visit. She's been with us now for two years and is doing 100 percent better. She is still very timid around strangers, cautious if you will. She will not go to anyone but our immediate family, my husband (Who she now loves) my two sons and myself. Still very cautious even around my parents who are here all the time. Will go to them but very cautiously. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body, very very submissive BUT if you play fight with the boys (learned this the hard way) she will grab you. Very protective of the boys. You cannot move quickly by them or she'll bite to protect them. She's fine with kids play fighting w/ kids but adults are not allowed to go to quickly towards the kids. Our vet said that since this was instilled in her at such a young age that she will always have this streak to her. Again, she has come a lot further then ever expected and although not the Yorkie the papers state she is, she is the best, most loving and well behaved dog you could hope for. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!