View Single Post
Old 05-30-2005, 09:58 AM   #6
Dudley's Mom
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by celeste
Gucci has never been bitten by a bee or anything yet, but I live in the county in TX and it's hot out now and it's time for scorpions. My mother is allergic and I've never been bitten by one, so i'm scared, but i'm more scared about my Gucci getting bit when i'm not there and what it will do to him. Any comments on what I should do just in cause I can't get him to the vet. But i'm not talking about just one or two scorpions a year. Last year we killed at least 15 we could see.
I had my little yorkie, Dudley, get stung on the nose by a honeybee. He was about 3 lbs at the time. I saw the stinger and pulled it out. All this took only about 2 minutes, at the most. Soon after, he began to shake and wasn't able to stand up. I rushed him to the vet, where he stayed all the rest of the day. He ended up getting 3 shots and lots of TLC from the assts. It took him a few days to get back to his active little self. Needless to say, I watch him very closely when the cool temps keep the bees sitting on the ground. Hope this helps answer your question.
Dudley's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!