View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 04:14 PM   #5
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Just for future reference... The best stuff to use on your puppy if it has fleas (Especially the young pups in which flea treatments/shampoo can't be used) is Johnson's baby shampoo. Fill the sink up with warm water (Like a warm bath) and fill it right up to your pups neck (Staying with her/him of course) and sit them in it for a few minutes then let the water out and rinse him/her off really well. Next, take Johnson's baby shampoo and suds him/her up real good and wrap a warm towel around your baby and stay with him/her like that for atleast six minutes but no more then ten minutes. After, rinse him/her off good again and make sure you go through the hair real well (I use the sink sprayer) After blow dry and use a flea comb to go through and then pick off any left overs with tweezers. You can repeat this the following day. The Johnson's smothers the fleas. I had a five week old pup that I took in and she had over 100 fleas on her. I immediately as soon as we got her home, did the above and repeated this the next day and all were gone. It's far more safer then chancing flea treatment on a pup. Elaine
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!