View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
JamieNC
Yorkie Yakker

Default Why Does She Do This?

I am getting so frustrated with Bella. My husband is worried we will have to get rid of her when we have kids. Here is what she does. My nephew who is 6wants to play with her and loves her but she HATES him. The first time they met was at our house and he kept wanting to hold her an play with her and she just barked and barked and barked at him and chased him (not like play chase, mean chase). We thought this was strange because she has never shown this aggressive behavior before. So we thought well maybe it was the first time and next time she will be better. At Thanksgiving another bad thing, she not only barked at him again, but she tried to bite him. Jus tlike a nip, but still this is not good dog behavior. So now we are thinking what is going on she has never done this before, even with other dogs. she loves my mom and dads three dogs, and plays with them all the time. And she is fine with people. So again yesterday we were at my mother and father in-laws house and my nephew was instructed not to touch Bella to leave her alone and if she wanted to play she would come to him, so he was good, Bella was not! He came in and she was okay well then my nephew went to lay down on the floor not even near her, and she went and barked at him and tried to bite him, and then another time he was walking into the living room and she did it again, We spanked her and told her bad girl and then she pouted and she let him pet her after that, but I am scared about having her around children, and afraid that we will have to get rid of her when we do have kids. What do I do?
JamieNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!