View Single Post
Old 12-03-2006, 06:31 AM   #15
LuvMySissy
Luv my Angel, too!
Donating Member

I hope this morning that things might start to look up for you. I agree that you have to be firm with your son and his girlfriend that you will not listen to their troubles and tell them you are hanging up and then do so. Don't feel bad about taking the phone off the hook last night, your son was in a treatment center where he has trained counselors to talk to. Perhaps this isn't the right time for him to be there since he doesn't sound 100% invested in getting better and that is the only way it will help him. His girlfriend needs to be in counseling with him!! All treatment centers have family therapy groups. I would also tell him you will not pick him up. If he signs himself out, he will have to find his own transportation. Maybe that will make him think a little.

Please make sure you are taking care of yourself. Not being able to move your neck is because you are so stressed that your muscles are literally seizing up and freezing in that clenched position! You can be there for him without going overboard. Set your boundaries and tell him what you will and won't do and then make sure you stick to it.

I certainly hope there is good news for your other son. Thoughts and prayers will be coming your way along with a big hug!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!